STEP 1: EDUWEEK FORMAT
EAPA-SA encourages presentations that offer innovative solutions to today’s challenges, stimulate inventive thinking, test new ideas and propose creative strategies for marketing, delivering, organising, evaluating, improving and adding value to EA and wellness services.
TYPES OF PRESENTATIONS:
Plenary sessions: Each day’s programme has plenary sessions of 45 minutes in length (30 min – presentation; 15 min – questions).
Research Poster Presentations: The time allocation to your presentation will be a total of 15 minutes. Your findings should be presented over a period of 7-10 minutes and the Q&A session will make up the balance of your time.
Training Workshops: Time allocations will be provided according to the topic and training objectives. These can be presented at the pre-conference training on day 1 (2 hour sessions) or during the breakaway sessions on day 3 (45 minute sessions).
Sessions may be delivered by 1 (ONE) presenter, 2 (TWO) co-presenters or panels of up to 4 (FOUR) members, or they may take a more novel approach to learning, such as a debate, role-play, simulation, or game. Proposals should exemplify state-of-the-art knowledge, practice, research or skills in one of the focus areas for this year’s programme. More information on this year’s Themes and Topics are attached to the end of this document.
We will do our best to create the speaking schedule in a way that allows for your specific seating layout request. Please note that sometimes this may not be possible due to time constraints in changing the room. We will endeavour to give you the layout closest to what you request.
EAPA-SA provides a standard room set-up for each session. Please plan to load all presentation materials on the computer provided, and utilise microphones for presenter and audience comments:
The standard includes:
• A Windows-based computer with a DVD player;
• LCD projector, stand and screen;
• Podium and table for panelists, if any;
• One (1) podium microphone;
• One (1) wireless microphone (audience use only, please).
Presenters with special audio-visual or technical needs or requests should include a description of their requests in their proposals. Where possible and practical, special equipment requests may be accommodated, at the presenter’s expense (details of cost will be discussed prior to approval).
Key Provisions of the agreement include:
- APPLY AND SUBMIT – All speakers are to apply and submit their abstracts online at this link https://eapasaeduweek.co.za/speaker-application/. No speaker application will be accepted via any other format.
- TECHNICAL AND AUDIO-VISUAL – EAPA-SA will provide technical and audio-visual equipment (as described above) in each session.
- PROMOTE AND PUBLICISING – EAPA-SA will publicise and promote each session and presenter by including brief descriptions online, in the printed conference programme, and possibly other venues.
- TRAVEL EXPENSES – EAPA-SA does not provide honoraria. Presenters agree to pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- ATTENDANCE – Speakers can attend the conference sessions, on the day of their presentation, free of charge. Should the presenter/s wish to attend any other day of the conference programme, a discounted fee will be provided to you after you have registered online as a delegate.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION – If your application is successful, online registration of all speakers as a delegate is compulsory.
- MARKETING – Presenters may only promote or sell products or services for 2 minutes before, or after their session. Presenters agree to ONLY present educational material during their presentation.
- DEADLINE FOR MATERIALS – Presenters agree to provide all PowerPoint, video, audio, hand-outs and any other materials utilised during the session to EAPA-SA in advance of the conference by the materials deadline.
- PRINTING OF MATERIALS – EAPA-SA does not print or copy handouts or any other materials for speakers.
- RESEARCH POSTERS – Research Posters should be A1 in size, and are to be delivered to the conference organisers no later than 8am on the first day of the conference, 16th September 2019.
- HAND-OUTS – Presenters may prepare and distribute hardcopies of hand-outs during sessions. If hand-outs are to be distributed during the session:
- Presenters are responsible for preparing and making a minimum of 300 copies per handout;
- EAPA-SA staff cannot create additional copies on-site;
- Speakers are responsible for collecting and removing the balance of any copies not used; EAPA-SA will not be responsible for sending or posting copies back to speakers.
Speakers can attend the rest of the sessions on the day of their presentation free of charge. R500 will be charged for any other day you wish to attend.
Full price will be charged for any other activity like: Pre-Conference Training (R1,000.00) and the Presidential Awards Dinner (R200.00).
Please contact us if you have any questions.
EnOv8 Event Management
Tel: 021 447 0321
Key dates for Speakers
11th April: Open "Call for Papers"
23rd May: Successful speakers are notified
1st August: Speaker deadline to register online as a delegate
15th August: Final date for submission of PowerPoint presentations to EAPA-SA
17th - 20th September: EAPA-SA and Eduweek 2019
The next page you should read is: